Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years and a new job; teaching?


January 2011


The days after christmas are about family gatherings, and eating far too much lovely food.
It's hard to stay so much indoors, and I get that old restlessness that I used to get before I left. Thought it was just a mental thing, but its apparently tied to the place. Every moment needs to be filled with productivity or well, Fun! Going for a walk, thinking or conversating just doesn't cut it here. But as the year began, I'm back to being busy busy busy, and I like it.

I spent my last days of 2010 with friends and family. We celebrated my dads birthday early. My mom bought them a trip to the Canary Islands in january, as a surprise she couldn't keep secret. This year, New Years eve was a smaller celebration than Sydney. A lot of friends had gone to Bjorli. I enjoyed a family dinner, and then playing shorthead with four girlfriends till five am.
At midnight, I was in a bliss, as usual, and stayed out to watch the rockets as the others scurried on inside. The ground was all water covered ice, and it didn't really surprise anyone that I was the first to go down.
So the best year of my life was over. With the exception of 2006, life has just gotten better and better, and I think it has to stop soon. I don't want to ask anymore now. If it gets better than this, I might not ever be able to join in the lines and become a civilized person!

These days have been a bit more interesting. I got a job at my first job interview and tought 7th graders in music and english. Its always strange for me to be "the grown up". The kids make me feel old. After a while, I felt more like a superhuman, as to them I was great at everything! Kids tell the truth, after all.

I'm pretty happy with the way things have turned out.

7. january 2011:

I was pretty exhausted today. The workday was tough, and I was already beat after sparring at boxing, the night before. I was reminded how I have to charge to even get close to a guy with long arms. I ran through the shower pretty much, to catch a ride to town. I met some friends for the Hoffmann Pub quiz, which is rediculously popular on thursdays, and way too crowded. I had never been at the quiz with a more intelligent team(I tell you, they're smart). We still lost pretty profoundly to a bunch of cheating goons, naturally, but had fun staying up a bit late.


9. january:

I got news that my bike is waiting for me in Arequipa, and has been coping well with the altitude of riding to Cusco and down again. Tornado has gone that way before, so I'm hoping he'll be able to manage fine in my rookie hands(I'm reading instructions and blogs online, plus watching youtube videos about bike maintenance). H

No comments:

Post a Comment