Thursday, May 5, 2011

Camping in Tigre

My friend Edje got sick, so he didnt come with me to Tigre. Zarena, a charming british girl, (or I have to say woman as she surprisingly enough is 34 years old), accompanied me instead. Tigre was packed of people and quite nice. The scenery around is like nowhere else in the world. Like BA needed to score more points.. its a summer-heaven of boats on the riverbends, sweet houses, flowers, hammocks, a few fake beaches. Boats carrying around groceries and supply, go forth and back, so you wave it in from the dock if you want something. Other shops and restaurants are also found along the river. The easter traffic made us have to wait two hours for the public transport boats to bring us back. In Europe that would`ve been outrageous, but all of the ones passing were full, and one could only wait, patiently. I'm sure it was more than two hours. At least its better than the small towns that can wait for days for petrol or rain to stop.

Unfortunatly, most of the couchsurfers had left, so we were only 15, but some of them, especially one guy, were Hillarious! A few of them were foreigners living in BA, but most were locals, and I stayed with one of the girls for a few days, afterwards. We made a big, I mean big, bbq. - Fantastic. Then we danced like idiots in the outdoor disco, with all the typical SA hits, beneath the stars. Its not often you experience such genuin fun, especially not when you`re the only sober one in the party.
I woke up to a bright, yellow sunrise and just smiled. I read in the sun, hung out with the guys, bathed in the river and later on we went to my new hosts place to cook.

After shopping, I had to take a nap on a park bench. An urugayan guy woke me up and asked me if I'd like to share some coffee. We sat and talked for like ten minutes before I excused myself and he kissed me goodbye. - Not joking about that. He really Kissed me goodbye! I had to proclaim that it was rather odd as we were strangers, and he just said that well, he didn't have time when I was leaving so soon.
That is just an example of guys' confidence here in this country. I was definatly not in Scandinavia!

No comments:

Post a Comment