Saturday, May 7, 2011

Last days in BA.. In South America!

I moved in with Marcela, walked a lot around, thinking and trying to let go. I spent some time with friends, tried my first tango lesson at The Catedral de tango(20pesos for a class, and it doesnt matter at all if you dont bring a partner. It was great fun and not that hard, at all! (the very first lessons arent)
One thing I discovered that you could do is rent bicycles for free, if you bring a passport photo. The rentals are located by parque Las Heras.
Javier celebrated his birthday one of the nights, and the last night, I visited my australien friends from Cusco and La Paz: Michael and Jack. It was great to see them again. I went to a couchsurfing party after that, and that was it! I got on the bus to the airport in the morning, and said my goodbyes... I will miss South America so much..

I´ll miss the Argentinian culture of being laid back, confident, drinking mate, eating crossaints, steak, pasta, dulce de leche, alfajores and ice cream, without hardly any fat people. How its done, beats me. Even though I would never choose it, I will miss the way they eat dinner at 11 pm, start work at 10pm and on weekends, party till 7 am. Its just so different. Their political situation is however so unstable that they are not even sure of their own financial progress. Unlike Brazil, where the economy is growing, many believe that their growth is mainly an illusion created by inflation. I wish them all the best. I cant wait to go back and see the rest of Argentina!

So my blog will be edited, but not really updated anymore. My adventure chasing in South America is over, for now. I will write a little about my five day stopover in New York, as the return in always relevant and effected by the trip itself. Also because I need to...

No comments:

Post a Comment