Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back in Peru!



3.02.11

After a few days visiting my sister in Oslo, I found myself back on a plane, next to a really intriguing man who had travelled the world by having a normal job, but never wasting and always renting his apartment. I need these kind of people.
Didn't sleep much in the 28 hours, and I didn't really know whether or not to spend the night in Lima. The airline lost my luggage, AGAIN, so they'd send it after me, to Cusco, where its been three days without it arriving. I'm borrowing clothes from a friend, because I don't trust that LAN will cover anything.
Lima was bathed in white clouds, as usual, and hot. I booked my bus ticket with Cruz del Sur, to Cusco(24hours), grabbed a ceviche for the 1,5hour long busride to San Bartolo to pick up my stuff, had lunch with the loveliest old man who was thrilled to talk about his trips to Europe, met a few more friendly locals, and was off to Cusco. Peruvians are nicer this time around.
The buses are expensive: 141 soles, but impressive; comfy sofa chairs that recline a lot, movies, food served, blankets, bingo(!), it wasn't cold at night, either. I recommend sitting on the first floor. The scenery is stunning. We passed by snow, rivers, valleys, farms, mountains(some with pink rocks).

I couldn't have been any luckier. The trip did not feel like 24hrs At all, because I decided to throw out a comment out there, about the security guy videotaping us. The guy in front of me just happened to be the most interesting person I´ve met in my life(that isn't crazy). Michael, who is an australian, and I, decided to stay in Pariwana hostel. Four of his friends, who are also incredibly nice, arrived yesterday, and we went out to dinner and a party last night. I love the fact that I´ve made such good friends for these days here in Cusco, and that I get to share Macchu Picchu with them, tomorrow. They're all in our room, sleeping, before the free breakfast and another massage. I've so far had two. Its 7 dollars for an hour of great massage!
Other than that, I've strolled the beautiful streets in the sunlight, checked out the markets, and just loving that I'm back! More pictures will come, when my camera arrives..




2 comments:

  1. that is crazy - i didn't think you would ACTUALLY return...I am so glad you did! I am probably gonna hit the road in another couple of months also! Hope you're having fun, look forward to reading more!
    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn't had enough of SA, yet. Kinda had my bike there waiting for me, too :)
    Where are you going?
    - Jenny

    ReplyDelete