Thursday, February 17, 2011

La Pazing the time

Dear God, what a title. Buut but, I can`t help myself!

Yesterday I went to the witches market with two australian girls. I got a good massage that fixed my back, for 50 bolivianos(45min). I thought that was pretty cheap, but I just discovered a massage place inside a swimming pool building, three blocks up from Loki, that charges 25 bolivianos for an hour! Thats like 20 NOK...

I bought some necesseties and nice shoes for 47 bolivianos, met a lot of nice locals that were constantly warning me about keeping my stuff safe, etc. While buying some bike- equipment, I stayed a while, talking to the store owner and his friend, Raoul, who was a cop. Raoul offered me a ride on the back of his bike. He was a really nice guy. Invited me for dinner when he dropped me off, even. It wouldn`t have been dangerous to be n the back, as the traffic is so slow at that hour, that I could`ve jumped off anytime. Was just fun to pass by my friends on the street.

We all hung out at the hostel that night. I really like Loki! Tall ceilings, classic interior design, nice people. Once again, I wasn't able to sleep long. Altitude and my day rythm makes it so hard!
I went to find a mechanic for some repair and update. In the parking house, one of the guys offered to show me where to go. He went with me on the back, pretty high up, to one of his friends who charged too much. I replaced the mirrors myself, and we went to another place where the really nice Enrique charged me half! He fixed my signal light, and we made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Tornado`s going to do so much better with a little force. He keps shutting off.
The same guy who showed me the way(three blocks up from Loki, and to the right), works in that swimming pool place, so he gave me a tour. 22 bolivianos for swimming and sauna. I`m going there for the massage when it opens at 3 pm. My friends are all doing the death road, until 7-8ish, while I`ve got lots of shopping to do in the main market, which is ten minutes away.


No comments:

Post a Comment