Sunday, February 13, 2011

Que tal, Bolivia?


The border crossing was great: no line, no hassle, no questions about licence.
Getting to the border was worse, or had a rough start, as a bus tried to make a u-turn right in front of me. My reaction was not fear, but actually anger. What the hell was he doing?
So yeah, we went down, you can say.. the driver gave me 20 soles for repairs, apologizing that he didn`t see me. My lightcover fell off and a man came rushing with some superglue. The first reaction you get when you go down is concern for your bike. He is luckily alright... when I was reaching the border, a car drove into my file and I though: Hell no, not again!
Luckily he was just avoiding some holes in the ground, and returned to his side.. I already notice the roads being a great deal worse. You never know whats around the corner.
My gasoline casket did burst out quite a lot of gasoline, so my stuff is in the laundry.

I reached Copacabana; the supertouristy town by the lovely lake Titicaca, and the first ones I met were the guys, who didn`t get why a biker kept honking at them. They`re on their way to La Paz, now. I`m going to Isla del Sol in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Hei Jenny!

    Vi har prøvd å komme i kontakt med deg ang. din søknad til 71`nord. Skjønner av bloggen din at du er ute å reiser, fint om du kan ringe oss tilbake på nr. 21544866.

    Mvh.
    Mari Dotseth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vet ikke om dere ser dette, men ja, jeg blir borte til midten av mai, saa det krasjer vel egentlig. Om dere er interessert, saa har jeg mulighet neste aar. Jeg var mest ute etter aa melde min interesse og se om jeg faktisk kunne kommet igjennom systemet til aa vurdere det, med tanke paa neste aar. Haaper det ikke var for ubeleilig!

    Mvh Jenny

    ReplyDelete